Sunday, December 04, 2005

Kathryn's Testimony


This is Kathryn's baptism testimony.

"I was saved by Jesus Christ a long time ago, but I never realized it back then. I was abandoned by my birth mom on the street when I was three days old [in China]. Then a guy passed by on the road. He heard a little girl crying ,and he picked me up to take to his home. After that I never thought he wasn't my own father, I found out by an accident. But he told me it didn't matter. Right after I was twelve years old, he lost his job and he couldn't take care of me anymore, so he sent me to an orphanage. I was almost thirteen when he sent me to the orphanage, then I got adopted by a family in Tennessee. Somehow we didn't work out, because back then I didn't know anything about God, I sinned against Him and them. Then they thought they didn't want to keep me anymore, so they tried to find a different family for me.They found the Edwards family for me. At first I didn't obey them, I even hated them, because I was very angry from my other family. Back then I was a very naughty and unlikable person. One morning, when I woke up I felt the things I did were different than before. I started saying sorry to people which I had never done before, I also started caring about people. I was confused because I didn't know what was going on, I didn't know me anymore, because things I was doing, I would never able to do by my self. I picked up my Bible, and I found a verse that helped me understand, why I have been doing bad things against God.

Roman 7:18-19 For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.These verses helped me understood why I'm a sinner, for I understood that all people are sinners.Having faith in Jesus Christ,and believe what Jesus has done for us, he died for our sins. He was resurrected in 3 days.

Luke 9:22 The son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief preists and scribes,and be killed, and be raised the third day.

Romans 5:8-9 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. God has taken care of us, a long the way. He sent me here to hear about him and believe Him. I'm really thankful that God has chosen me, I'll try to live my life to serve Him."

Update: Our pastor has likewise posted it here.

2 comments:

Stephen Morse said...

I read this on Lameworldview. Is this one of your adopted children? What a great God we serve!

Bob Edwards said...

Yes, Kathryn is one of ours. At some point I will tell her story on the blog. It is amazing how many people God used to bring her here to hear the Gospel. Some through their sin, some through their faithfullness, all according to His plan.