Friday, February 03, 2006

Busy

This has been one of those busy weeks. The talks with teenagers ended about 11:30 tonight. The rest of the nights have been to about midnight. Very tiring and yet very enjoyable.

I spend a great deal of time talking to my kids, particularly my girls. So far this week we have talked about everything from how boys look at girls (talking to the girls) to biblical conflict resolution to how to handle money to the selling of girls as wives in China. In amoungst these we worked in various elements of the Gospel from the utter depravity of man to the substitutionary atonement of Christ. I even feel that one of my daughters may have moved a little closer to true faith in a better understanding of her inability to go to heaven by keeping the law.

The teenage years are a time when a person becomes more and more aware of the world around them. Suddenly others in the world matter to them. They start recognizing that there is a future that they need to prepare for. There is a big world out there that they have only seen a little of. And it is my great joy to be able to tell them about the God who made it all and How they can know Him.

No comments: