Tuesday, May 16, 2006


Sergei has created a "birds and blooms" utopia on the deck next to our sunroom. In the last few days we have had the absolutely delightful opportunity to watch a family of woodpeckers go through their daily routine. God's creation is so totally cool! Along with these guys, we see finches, wrens (one of my favorites!), hummingbirds, cardinals, sparrows, Tufted Titmice, doves, cowbirds and an occasional Goldfinch. Of course we cannot help but be amused at the antics of the squirrels and chipmunks, too. Chipmunks have a way of making me giggle every single time I see them. Those little tails held so high are just too much. Yesterday I also saw three bunnies in our yard, chasing each other around - it was almost more than I could handle at one time!

As amazing as seeing these creatures is, I am equally amazed at the talent God has bestowed upon Sergei in the area of photography. I pray that he will someday have the opportunity to use this talent to His glory.

Oh my... there are two baby woodpeckers out there now. I need to go...;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy see the birds too. It makes me giggle to see the little ones (actually) they are as large as the parent bird) but they will be eating and then when the parent comes, they will flutter their little wings and lift their open beaks up like they are so helpless and the parents will come and feed them. Wonder how the parent knows when to start ignoring them and let them fend for themselves? I love to see God's provision for the smallest critters. I, too, am amazed at God's provision for all his critters.

4given said...

BEAUTIFUL... I LOVE watching ad listening to birds.