Friday, October 21, 2005

Bumper Stickers

I am teaching Jennifer to drive right now and we have gotten to the stage where I really am not teaching as much as just sitting in the front seat while she practices.  So being the ADD/ADHD type I am looking for something for my mind to do while she is driving and still keep myself aware of the traffic and her driving.  So I end up reading the bumper stickers I see in traffic.

Personally, I am not a big fan of bumper stickers.  They tend to turn into labels, and I really don't want myself labeled with one, often humorous idea.  I also don't like Christian bumper stickers, because they don't contain enough room to explaining a truth in any depth and so end up being a caricature of the actual truth.  I also see too many people combine them with others that cause the message they do have to be confused.  Or is it just the people thatput them on their car that are confused?  In honor of that point I present the one I saw today.  These three bumper stickers were on the same car:

Get In, Sit Down, Shut Up, Hold On.

DON’T TELL ME what kind of day to have

Smile God Loves you.


Of course there is still my all time favorite.  I once saw these two on the same car:


Real Men Love Jesus

I miss my ex-wife, but my aim is getting better.

So if you are of the tribe and clan of bumper sticker users, think about the message you are sending.

1 comment:

Julie Lamey said...

Mine and Paul's favorite is one we saw down in Saraland, AL (North Mobile): "Coonhunters for Christ".