Saturday, September 23, 2006

Changes...

God is the same, yesterday, today and forever. Yet, His creation is ever changing. Just last night I stood outside, looking at some awesome clouds. There were many layers - some moving slowing, some quickly, some so low they almost touched the trees and some so high the jet stream flattened the tops. As the sun began to set, the colors on the clouds were incredible. I could not bear to take my eyes away, as they changed before my eyes. The deep pinks were my favorite, even as they were tinged in blue around the edges.

As the colors dulled, I resumed my job of pulling up Cosmos stalks whose season had ended. I would shake the dirt from their roots and then lay them all in a pile, thinking how their time of beauty was over. They served us well, growing tall and blooming in my desired hues of pinks and purples, but their time was up. Now they would become dirt, which is no less a wonderful part of God's plan.

God teaches me best when I am surrounded by His creation. As He showed me the changes that take place every second, minute, hour, day, week, and year in His handiwork, I began to think back on the teenage challenges I had faced this week. I was discouraged and sad, due to some deception I had uncovered. Changes are coming, but that is God's way.

He is our Rock - unmoving and steady. It is His way to make creatures who are continually changing, though. Perhaps change is one of His ways of teaching us. I like to be comfortable, but I have to admit that I don't learn as well in my recliner as I do in my yard, looking at clouds and pulling Cosmos stalks. To God be the glory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful Ramona. As usual you have such a gift for expressing your thought and feelings. I'm so glad that I have got to experience your growing from an independent little 2 year old in the Toddlers at First Baptist Church in Holdenville through beautiful teen-ager and wife of my son through many good and sad experiences through the years to become the lovely , godly woman that you are today with such talents for mothering, teaching, encouraging, helping and writing as you have . One who can see the beauty in a flower, a bird, a shaggy dog and throw-away children and relate them all to God's love and provision and show each one of them what God is like by your example. God Bless you!