Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanks

A tradition around our house at Thanksgiving is to have all the kids make a list of things that they are thankful for. We then read them before the meal. I thought I would share them with you. They are ordered from oldest to youngest. I have kept the English pretty much as written to give you the flavor of language around our house.

Jennifer,

Thanksgiving to God!!

Thank you to Jesus for coming to the Earth and die on the cross so we can be free from sins. Thank you for good works you have done in people’s heart and still do. Thank you for being here for us so we can worship you and fellowship with you. Thank you for providing for us all things which we have. Thank you for giving us a good Christian family who love us and help us to learn more about you and understand your word. There a lot of children who have not parents to love them and to tell wonderful news about you and what you have done for us.

Thanksgiving is all about give thanks to God and Jesus Christ who are here for us all the time to help us in hard times and deal with things. Thanking God for giving us a Bible and His Word to us.

Sergei,
I am thankful for the family we got, food, house, my camera, church, computer, Bible.

Zhenya,

I’m thankful for mom, dad and Grandma, house food, dogs. Bible good Christian friends, a church, clothes, school, all of the electronics that we have like computers, cameras, etc. dad’s job, thankful where God has brought me to America and in a good home.

Irina,
Thank you for having mom, dad, sisters, brothers, friends, family, teach Bible, church, house, birthday, Christmas, food, clothes, music, jewelry, hearing aids, school, drawing, park, work, laptop, dogs.

Kathryn,
I thankful for today is holiday and Grandma and the Dolittles able to come with us. Thankful for all the food. I really thankful for God brought me here.

Tessa,
For this house which keeps us against winter’s and summer’s storms.

For Grandma who fixes our meals and without whom you wouldn’t see the wonderful spread in front of you today.

For my family, every one of whom is a gift and treasure and a story just waiting to be told.

For God’s grace without which I would have none of it.

For Sandy and Charlie (our dogs) both of whom have been the best child therapists that money can (or can’t) buy.

For friends, especially the ones here today, who have performed valuable services and never asked for payment.

For my dad, who alone supports this horde, by his hard working diligence and patience.

And last but not least – my mom, whom something yesterday made me realize is the most beautiful woman I know.

Naomi,
1Thes 5:18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (NKJ)


1 Tim 2:1-2 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. (NKJ)

I’m thankful for the food, house, friends, family, job, clothes, and all the stuff that I have.


Vanya,

I am thankful for:

  1. a car

  2. a house

  3. an air conditioner

  4. clothes

  5. Sun

  6. inside light

  7. chairs to sit in

  8. food to eat

  9. dogs to play with

  10. weather cold, hot, warm

  11. things to have fun with X-box, computers

  12. people to play with

Annalia,
I am thankful for a grandma, parents, house, Bible, God, brothers, sisters, church, friends, food, clothes, neighbor, (

Trey,
Trey’s thankful list:

  1. Family

  2. Home

  3. Food

  4. God

  5. Jesus


Shawn,
Family, Jesus, house, shelter, toys, friends, Jesus dying to save us from our sins, God, nature, clothing, furniture, computers, God making all things, food, water, His grace.

No comments: