Friday, January 27, 2006

Erlan's Letter -- Another poem from Tessa

When I look deep in your eyes
I see myself reflected
Showing me how deep are your thoughts
How great your love for me.

When I look at your face
I see love shining outwards
I see the perfection the Creator has given me
And I wonder, what have I done?

You smile at me, brightly
All I wanted to say
Melts away, replaced by my unfailing love for you
I could never go on without you.

You speak my name
Its vibrations lie sweet upon the wind
I stop my flow of words, my tongue is quickly stilled
As I contemplate the message you have to give.

You wave your hand
I want to take it in my own
The thought of losing you, even for a little while
Brings searing pain upon my heart.

I watch you play
Gently, with the little children
And I know, when you are mine again, you will cherish
Our children forever.

When someone upsets you
Each crystal tear you shed
Brings hundredfold anguish upon my heart
I cannot help but comfort you.

When you are happy
The light of stars shines in your face
Your bright laughter floats upon the wind, beautiful
I am wrapped in a blanket of joy.

You are my one, my only love
I will cherish you forever and always
Though stars should go dark, and all people disappear,
Nothing will ever keep me from you.

1 comment:

g said...

Beautiful!