Saturday, January 14, 2006

Timing

Once again, I am awed at God's timing, and so privileged to have been used by Him in the life of a child. Most of you know that I was scheduled to go into the hospital for extensive testing last Thursday. However, the hospital was filled and there was "no room at the inn" for me. At first I was frustrated, as I wanted to get the show on the road, but slowly I came around and saw the job that God had set before me.

God had brought a family to me that desparately needed help. The child was being disrupted and very much needed a good solid Christian home. (We do NOT facilitate disruptions on a regular basis, but rather make decisions such as this on a very individual basis. If anyone has questions about that decision making process, please let us know. Our foremost goal is always to counsel the families rather than help them disrupt.)

I spent many hours on the phone and keyboard, making contacts on behalf of this child. I prayed and prayed, and waiting for replies. None came. As God was silent, we began to wonder if perhaps He meant this child for our home, although we greatly questioned the wisdom of even bringing her here for respite right now.

Thursday evening, we talked to the kids about this situation and asked them to pray. We also asked them if they had any suggestions (since many of them had been in the same place at one time in their lives) or could think of anyone I might have missed contacting. Our daughter who was our first disruption adoption immediately raised her hand and called out the name of the family of one of her friends from Vietnam. I looked at her in amazement and said, "What a wonderful idea! What didn't I think of them?!" Of course, I know why now - God was allowing her to be a part of this wonderful process.

I called this family as early as possible the next day, and they were surprised, but indeed interested. Not only interested, but EXCITED about bringing in their 14th child, even though they already had 4 international adoptions in process. Contacts have been made and at this time it appears that this family will welcome a very troubled 12 year old girl into their loving midst soon.

What a blessing it was to have been a small part of making that connection. And to think - if I had gone into the hospital according to MY schedule, and the doctor's schedule, it would not have happened. God is so awesome, and we are so tiny.

Blessings
Sheshe

No comments: