Friday, January 20, 2006

It's funny when their heads spin

We went to visit sheshe in the hospital last night. We being me and seven of the kids. One of the nurses comes in and sees seven teenagers including two asians and asks "Oh, where are all of these kids from?"

Well, sheshe in her normal manner says "Oh, these are just some of my kids."

"SOME of your kids. How many do you have?"

Sheshe looks at me and calmly says "I don't know, dear, how many do we have now?"

Me being the ever so serious one replies "Just counting the ones at home or do you want to include the ones that are gone right now?"

Sheshe: "Oh, we better count all of them."

Me: "Well I guess that would be eleven, dear."

The nurse seemed to leave rather quickly after that. I think she felt like she had wander into some alternate dimension and needed to get back home.

Oh well, its fun to watch their heads spin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really like that reaction, don't you? Reminds me of the movie, Cheaper By The Dozen, where the father is always setting someone up for that question.

ramona said...

Oh, yes, we do love it. We are always looking for opportunities to baffle folks, as it gives such wonderful openings concerning "why" we do what we do.

Sheshe