Thursday, January 12, 2006

Go Ask Your Father

When sheshe and I were younger and only had a couple of kids, we were fascinated by big families. We could barely handle our couple of young kids and here they were with six, eight, ten or more. How could they possibly do that?

Along the way we actually asked that question to some and over the years we have become one of those families. So, if you have ever wondered, how big families do it, here is a place you can ask.

Ask any question you would like about how a big family operates, and we will try to answer. You may even earn a entire blog post in your honor.

2 comments:

Paul Lamey said...

I would like to know how you get to really know each child as a parent and maintain that one on one connection when you have so many. Do you have certain times set aside for one on one, or how does that work?

ramona said...

Oh, that comes under the heading of, "I SO glad you asked", Paul! I remember so well shadowing a family with eight children when we were in Tulsa. I continually wondered how in the world they could keep up with each one and really know and understand who their kids were. I hear a rumor that my hubby is writing a post on this, so I will wait and comment after he does, to avoid duplication. That, and to keep you on the edge of your seat... ;-)

Sheshe